Find culturally relevant information in multiple languages and formats about health conditions and wellness topics
Discover resources, cultural backgrounders, clinical tools, and guidance about specific immigrant, refugee, and asylee populations
Browse the entire collection of patient education materials and provider information tools by topic or category
In response to the current opioid crisis, the National Library of Medicine partnered with Healthy Roads Media to produce a collection of materials that teach people about opioids and opioid misuse. The collection has 22 easy-to-read, English-language handouts, videos, and audio recordings.
- Prescription opioid medicines
- Opioid pain medication management
- What you should know if your child is prescribed opioids for pain
- Getting rid of unused opioids
- What is drug addiction?
- Why do people take drugs?
- Opioids and the brain
- Why do some people become addicted to drugs, while others do not?
- The effects of opioid misuse on the body
- Prescription opioids and illegal opioids – What is the connection?
- Comorbidity or dual diagnosis
- Pregnancy and opioids
- Drug abuse and adolescents
- Stigma and opioids
- Treatment basics
- Medications and behavioral therapies
- Drug abuse treatment as part of healthcare
- Preventing overdoses and overdose deaths
In 2018, these materials will be culturally reviewed and translated into additional languages.