Search for Patient Education Materials
Find multilingual, multicultural health information and patient education materials about health conditions and wellness topics. Learn about diseases, causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention. Materials may be available as printable documents, audio, and video.
In response to the current opioid crisis, the National Library of Medicine partnered with Healthy Roads Media to produce a collection of materials that teach people about opioids and opioid misuse. The collection has 22 easy-to-read handouts, videos, and audio recordings in English and Spanish.
- Prescription opioid medicines
- Opioid pain medication management
- What you should know if your child is prescribed opioids for pain
- Getting rid of unused opioids
- What is drug addiction?
- Why do people take drugs?
- Opioids and the brain
- Why do some people become addicted to drugs, while others do not?
- The effects of opioid misuse on the body
- Prescription opioids and illegal opioids – What is the connection?
- Comorbidity or dual diagnosis
- Pregnancy and opioids
- Drug abuse and adolescents
- Stigma and opioids